- To DEVELOP athletes in the sport of Paddling; build confidence, competence, personal growth and leadership towards representing Canada internationally.
- To PROMOTE the sport of Paddling in an inclusive, safe and healthy environment, through skilled coaching, which supports individual and team accomplishments.
- To COMPETE in the sport of Paddling at both a Provincial and National level.
To register for 2020/21 Orenda programs, click here to go to our Programs and Registration Page
COVID19 – Orenda Canoe Club
Orenda Canoe Club has resumed limited operations under strict health guidelines. For more information, please find below the health orders and protocols our paddlers are currently following to safely return to exercise in their sport.
The following guidelines must be followed by all member clubs in order to return to paddling for exercise only and monitored by the Atlantic Division Cone Kayak Canada (ADCKC).
● All clubs can only allow access to their boat bays and docks at this time. If clubs are able to ensure social distancing and sanitization rules they can allow access to changing rooms and washrooms. (i.e. single use).
● All clubs will ensure that they maintain all of the Provinces’ COVID-19 Social Distancing rules.
This means that there will always be a minimum of 2m between individuals both on and off the water. It will be up to the individual clubs to choose the maximum number of participants to maintain the social distancing rules.
● All clubs will allow access to privately owned boats only on an individual basis. This will ensure the 2m social distancing will be adhered to at all times.
● All participants will remove their boat, get onto the water, paddle, return their boat, and exit the club . They will not leave any belongings behind other than their private boat.
● All clubs will ensure that there is no sharing of any equipment. This includes and is not limited to paddles, boats, PDF’s, water bottles, and clothing.
● All clubs will ensure that there is no programming at this time.
● All clubs will ensure that there are no lessons at this time.
● All clubs will ensure that there is no organized training at this time.
● All clubs will ensure that only members in good standing are paddling at this time.
● All clubs will ensure that if coaches are able to be on the water with the participants but will not provide any coaching, lessons, or programming. They are not to travel with a group of participants. They will be there for safety reasons only.
● All clubs will ensure no one U14 or younger is paddling at this time.
COVID19 CKC and ADCKC Information
Stay informed with updated information on the COVID19 response from Canoe Kayak Canada and ADCKC by visiting their websites here,
CKC – https://canoekayak.ca/
ADCKC – https://www.adckc.ca/